Friday, January 20, 2012

Clarification

I just wanted everyone to be clear, I am not complaining, everyone has their tough times in life, and every parent makes mistakes, ask our girls, we do too, I’m just giving some background about what we had felt or had experienced in our lives, so that we could  help you understand how great our God is, and what a miracle He has performed in us.  We also wanted others who might benefit from this blog to understand that we get it. That we may have had similar experiences.

We never wanted anyone to take this as a personal attack, not my family, or Cam’s, and I’m sorry if it felt that way. That was absolutely not my intention. It was not said out of malice, or hatred.

That being said, I also believe what I have written to be an honest assessment of our feelings.

God in His mercy has done so much for us, both personally and in our marriage. Yes, we still struggle, but definitely not to the same degree, or with the same things. God is not finished with us yet and God won’t quit till we are what He created us to be, a Masterpiece. All we wanted to accomplish with this blog is to reveal God’s mercy and His glory through our story. God is good, and continues to prove that to us over and over.

I wanted you to understand to what depth my soul was in pain, and Cam’s. Everyone’s perspective is a little different than someone else’s. What we saw and felt may have been quite different from another’s perspective, but that doesn’t change how we felt at the time. It doesn’t change the message our heart's received growing up.

I hated myself! understand that! I hid from those who loved me most, I never reached out the way I should have for help. God reached out to me. I was always afraid, always anxious. I probably looked stuck up, because I kept to myself and my kids, but that was the level of my anxiety. I even hid from Cam. I couldn’t seem to get beyond my pain until God reached out to me, and for that I am forever grateful. I am not the same woman I used to be, it has been a slow gradual change. I am glad He has been patient with me, I know I couldn’t have done it alone. God is always good!

I would like for this blog to be a place where others can see what God has done with us, and gain hope for their own situations. I want to give God all the glory, it has not been done in our strength, but God’s.

God bless you as you read this, may He reach down into your lives and do miraculous things for you. God loves to make miracles out of broken people. Praise God He doesn’t leave us the way we are!

1 comment:

  1. Tanis - when you (or anyone, really) reveals something personal ... people are going to do one of five things ... be uncomfortable, be angry, be shocked, be indifferent, or be inspired. So that means that you have a 1 in 5 chance of it being understood the way you meant it to be. So - be reminded that you can't and won't please everyone (and some days, anyone lol) ... so don't spend a whole lot of energy stressing over how you can fix it. Explain it the best you can and let it be. You can make yourself nuts trying to come at it from a half dozen angles because you are determined to get them to understand. In the end, ... they probably aren't going to get it. You know that saying ... "You can't please everyone, .... so you may as well please yourself." That's not self-serving, disrespectful or mean spirited ... when you've prayed about it and feel that it's all good with God, then its called being true to yourself and moving on!

    ReplyDelete